Falls Awareness & Prevention
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to falls awareness and prevention. It will equip staff with the essential knowledge and understanding of what contributes to a fall and what risk factors there are associated with older people and the injuries they could possibly sustain from having a fall.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course, although delegates will be expected to participate in the learning activities and contribute to the group discussions as the course progresses. A certificate of attendance will be issued for this course.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- An awareness into the causes of falls
- An awareness of how to help prevent falls
- Why are falls a problem?
- Definition of a Fall When are falls recurrent?
- What risk factors are there?
- Bone Health in Older People
- Potential Injuries from falls Falls
- Risk Assessments