Moving and Handling of People
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course includes safe principles and practice of moving and handling people. It will include practical demonstrations and assessments of techniques that are ergonomically designed to minimise the stresses and strains placed on a body whilst undertaking these tasks. It is therefore suitable for healthcare workers and providers who need to either assist someone to move, change position or mobilise.
Students will have opportunities to complete practical and revision exercises. The course content and revision will be tailored to the work activity. The trainer will continually monitor the student’s progress throughout the course. Students able to achieve all the outcomes will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance valid for a year.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define the risk assessment process and how it applies to practice
- Describe the principles of communicating and handling people
- Demonstrate assisting mobility
- Demonstrate how to assist people in chairs and beds
- List the types of handling aids and testing requirements
- Apply all of the theoretical knowledge to practice settings
Looking to book Moving and Handling of People training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.