Tissue Viability – Leg Ulcer Management
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This two day course will equip learners with the essential knowledge, understanding and skills associated with assessing a patient and their leg ulcers. It will provide learners with key information on the recognition, treatment and management of leg ulcers taking into consideration the assessment criteria and application of compression bandaging if the leg ulcers are suitable for this treatment regime.
Learners will be assessed throughout the 2 day course on their participation and interaction with exercises that are within the course. They will also complete a knowledge assessment throughout the course, allowing them to evidence their understanding of the subject matter. Simulation will take place during the doppler assessment workshop and compression bandaging workshop.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: 2 Days
CPD Hours: 14
Participatory Hours: 10
- Review the anatomy and physiology associated with leg ulcers
- Discuss the potential causes of leg ulcers
- Recall the background of leg ulcers and the epidemiology of these with patients
- Differentiate the potential diagnoses of leg ulcers
- Explain the assessment process of patients who present with leg ulcers
- Apply the principles of doppler assessment in theory and practice
- Interpret the current evidence based treatments and adjuvant therapies available for patients who have leg ulcers
- Describe the potential complications that could arise from the treatment decisions and application
- State the history and theory of compression therapy
- Apply the principles of compression bandaging to simulation
- Examine the evidence associated with compression bandaging and leg ulcers
- Identify preventative measure that can be applied to reduce the likelihood of recurrence
- Discuss the medico-legal aspects of leg ulcer management
- Recognise the next steps for practice and competency
Looking to book Tissue Viability – Leg Ulcer Management training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.