Venepuncture – incl. Simulated Competency Assessment course In House
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the theoretical and practical aspects of Venepuncture. The tutor will build on your understanding; including tutor-led activities, group discussions, practical demonstrations as well as practice simulations and practice related questions. Competency documents will be referred to throughout the course and a simulated competency assessment will be completed before the end of the session allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols.
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years. A written knowledge assessment will also be undertaken.
• Define Venepuncture & List the reasons for undertaking this clinical procedure
• Identify the relevant Anatomy & Physiology for Venepuncture
• State the legal & professional consideration for Venepuncture
• Demonstrate correct practice relating to handling of sharps and safe systems of work including infection control •
Recall the potential complications that could arise from Venepuncture
• Recognise the different systems that organisations use for
• Venepuncture and list their differences
• Apply the theoretical learning into a simulated practical & competency assessment
Book In House Course
Ashfield Services is known for our exceptional Open Course training sessions, which have helped train thousands of healthcare professionals all over the UK since 2014. Delivered by expert Tutors, these courses cover a range of subject areas, helping to improve the quality of care throughout the UK.Make Commercial Booking
Book Course Now
To book spaces on this course, please fill in your details in the below and continue through to our Secure Payment portal.
Fee: per person
Can’t see the course you’re looking for?
We specialise in developing bespoke training courses to meet our customers needs. Let us know what you require and a member of our team will contact you discuss further.Tell us your requirements