Basic Life Support & AED & Ambu Bag
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This comprehensive half day course covers everything the student needs to know if confronted with an unresponsive non-breathing casualty that requires Basic Life Support and Automated External Defibrillation and the use of an Ambu-Bag. It follows the procedures laid down in the current Resuscitation Council UK Guidelines 2015 and builds on the algorithm for CPR. The course format provides ample opportunities for students to practice so that after the course they are more confident they could respond appropriately should the need arise.
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance which is valid for up to 3 years although we highly recommend an Annual refresher.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Demonstrate a primary survey and assessing a collapsed victim
- Undertake and exhibit correct techniques for Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Perform a self-check of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and operate it in a simulated scenario alongside CPR
- Understand the use of an Ambu-Bag
- Practice the recovery position for an unconscious and breathing casualty – either from initial assessment or from recovery after defibrillation
- Lead a full scenario from assessment to defibrillation to exhibit knowledge and understanding
Looking to book Basic Life Support & AED & Ambu Bag training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.