Basic Life Support & AED – Paediatrics
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the requirements for learners to be able to successfully deliver Basic Life Support to a child. They will develop key assessment skills and practical abilities to offer emergency aid to anyone that they might find who is not breathing and requiring CPR or is breathing but unconscious and requires to be placed in the recovery position to maintain their airway. They will also understand what steps to take whilst calling the emergency services.
A competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace confident in their skills to assess and treat an emergency situation with what they are being faced with.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- State the Chain of Survival
- List the elements of a primary assessment
- Describe the levels of response using AVPU
- Explain how to undertake a telephone call to the emergency services
- Demonstrate how to perform Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Demonstrate how to place an unconscious breathing victim in the recovery position
- Recognise the differences between the adult and paediatric algorithms for basic life support
- Discuss the management of a child who is appearing to choke
Looking to book Basic Life Support & AED – Paediatrics training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.