Continence Management & Care
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to Continence care. It will help participants understand the causes, prevention and management of continence issues. The course will also describe how incontinence may affect an individual’s well being. It will also identify strategies to assist and be able to explain/reassure service users regarding continence matters.
A knowledge assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Explain the importance of skin integrity in terms of how skin breaks down, looking for pressure marks etc.
- Demonstrate the correct selection and usage of incontinence pads.
- Discuss their role in enablement.
- Examine and describe the practicalities of continence management.
- Explain the importance and the appropriateness of cleaning/personal care and if not done properly, the consequences this will have for the service user.
- Describe what trigger points are and when to make contact with District Nurses
Looking to book Continence Management & Care training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.