Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will be delivered by one of our leading tutors who has many years of experience within the field and is designed for delegates who are involved in delivering care to people suffering with Diabetes. It will develop their knowledge and understanding of this illness which will help in their role as a Care Provider, knowing about the illness, how it presents, the complications arising and how they may support a person with Diabetes.
The day will run with both Formative and Summative assessments taking place and a practical element that covers the use of equipment provided by the Care Environment. This will be for training purposes and to ensure that training is applicable to the equipment that is actually used and to ensure competency of Delegates attending. Certificates of Attendance will be issued. Learning will be fun and interactive and delegates will be expected to participate in their learning experience.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- The different types of diabetes and how they are treated / managed
- How to monitor Blood Glucose Levels, including HB1aC
- How to manage hypo and hyperglycaemic attacks
- Monitoring Diabetes Quality and Outcomes Framework (QoF) Annual Reviews
- Retinal Screening Monofilament testing
- Dietary Health Advise and Obesity Management
- Understanding the associated long term complications linked to diabetes
- Explore the short term complications associated with Diabetes
- Recognise the requirements for Insulin Administration
Looking to book Diabetes Management training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.