Do Not Attempt CPR & ReSPECT
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to DNACPR and the new ReSPECT documentation. It will examine the latest guidance on Do Not Attempt Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation and the new system of Recommended Summary Plan for Emergency Care and Treatment, which is currently being piloted in several areas throughout the UK and which is expected to be fully operational throughout the UK soon. The course will be suitable for all healthcare practitioners including GPs.
A short knowledge assessment will take place at the end of the course. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Discuss decisions not to attempt CPR because it will not be successful
- Relate that decisions are based on a balance of benefits and burdens
- List circumstances when a CPR decisions may not be followed
- Understand the initial presumption in favour of CPR
- Comprehend refusal of adults with capacity and what happens when a person lacks capacity
- Identify what happens in the case of young people and children
- Identify who has responsibility for decisions making
- Be Able to communicate decisions to other healthcare providers
- Be able to discuss the ReSPECT documentations and its implications for future DNACPR decisions
Looking to book Do Not Attempt CPR & ReSPECT training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.