Infection Control Champion
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course has been developed to support staff who have been identified as a workplace infection control champion. Learners will gain a greater understanding of infection prevention and control, the requirements of legislation and regulations and how to support these in the workplace. The knowledge gained from this course will support champions to promote good practice in the prevention and control of infection whilst working in environments such as residential care homes, hospitals, supported living services and homecare services. This course has been developed and mapped to: DoH – The Health and Social Care Act 2008 – Code of Practice on the prevention and control of infections and related guidance.
There will be no formal summative assessment of this course, although the tutor will utilise a range of teaching and assessment methods throughout the day to check knowledge and understanding as the day progresses. Each of the learners will leave with an action plan of development for implementing back in their respective workplaces.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- List the potential causes of infection, including stating what infection is and how it can be recognised
- Identify the factors associated with spread of infection, including describing the chain of infection and transmission
- Recall the main Healthcare Associated Infections
- State what the term ‘universal precautions’ means
- Explain how to handle clinical waste
- List 3 pieces of legislation, guidance or sources of information in relation to infection prevention and control
- State how the code of practice in the prevention and control of infections supports practice
- Give an example of an effective system to manage prevention and control of infection
- State how to report an incident/accident relating to an infection outbreak
- List 5 elements of the risk assessment
- The role of the Infection Control Champion
Looking to book Infection Control Champion training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.