Infection Prevention and Control
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will allow learners to develop or refresh their knowledge on Infection Prevention and Control. It will look at the key factors that are associated with the spread of infection as well as health care associated infections. Learners will be able to apply the learning into practical situations during the training and then in practice on their return to their work settings.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of the session, allowing them to demonstrate their understanding of the information and application into practice.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- State how individuals become infected through the Chain of Infection
- List the different types of germs/infections
- Discuss the prevalence of Health Care Associated Infections
- Describe the importance of infection control and the management of HCAIs
- Demonstrate the correct techniques for hand hygiene and decontamination
- Recall the requirements for Personal Protective Equipment and when they should be used
- Discuss the ways to prevent infection
- List the relevant legislation and application of policy relating to infection contro
Looking to book Infection Prevention and Control training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.