Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will give learners the opportunity to refresh their knowledge on correct techniques for administering Intramuscular and Subcutaneous Injections, the key features for administering, and safety factors for consideration whilst administering injections to service users. It will also allow the learners to practice within a simulated learning setting, for both types of injection
The assessment for this course will be through continual assessment and practice observation. There is no formal summative assessment required, as it is considered a refresher course and learners should have already been assessed as competent during their pre-registration training.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- List the five reasons why medication may be given by injection (parenteral route)
- Differentiate between the structures involved and uses of the intramuscular (IM) and subcutaneous (SC)
- Outline factors influencing choice of syringes and needles
- Outline sites, basic preparation and administration techniques for the IM and SC routes
- Recognise the importance of universal precautions when giving injections
Looking to book Injection Techniques training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.