Loss Bereavement & Co-workers
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover all theoretical aspects relating to loss and bereavement within the workplace. The first part of the course will deal with the theoretical components of loss and bereavement, using established models of bereavement. It will then examine how co-workers such as nurses, carers and managers can be helped through the process.
A knowledge assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To identify what loss and bereavement is, so that the participant is able to discuss their own attitudes towards loss and bereavement
- To discuss the signs and symptoms of bereavement to help staff to recognise when it is occurring
- To appreciate differences in cultural and religious beliefs in bereavement
- To identify different models of the grieving process, to enable staff to help service users and each other through the process
- Review the 4 tasks of mourning, according to Worden, to demonstrate that healing does take place and recovery is possible
- Identify what support network for staff are available in your workplace or organisation to support the participant through the grieving process
- Discuss and ensure understanding of routing loss and bereavement for both service users and staff
Looking to book Loss Bereavement & Co-workers training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.