Minor Ailments & Illnesses
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The course is delivered by clinical experts who have up to date working knowledge and skills. The course should be delivered over three-days will progress candidates towards a safe standard for practice in the management of adults with a minor illness and injuries. Attendees will then be ready to gain competency when returning to their place of work. Aimed at Nurses & AHPs working in Walk-In Centres, Urgent Care Centres, Minor Injury Units, Primary Care, General Practice, Schools and Accident & Emergency.
The course should be delivered through a series of interactive lectures, workshops and skills sessions. The content of
the module will include anatomy, physiology, and patho-physiology underpinning minor illness and the assessment and
management of these patients. A short knowledge assessment will take place at the end of the course. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 1 year.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: 3 Days
CPD Hours: 21
Participatory Hours: 15
- To equip the practitioner with history taking and clinical examination skills to deal with a wide range of minor illness conditions and injuries
- Explore current best practice and provide the theoretical underpinning for a range of commonly encountered conditions
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of anatomy and physiology across the life span relevant to clinical assessment
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of the patho-physiological changes associated with minor illness
- Analyse and evaluate the frameworks and clinical guidelines which inform the management of minor illness
- Demonstrate a comprehensive and detailed knowledge of common minor illnesses
- Apply knowledge and skills to the decision-making process in the management of minor illness
- Act autonomously in the clinical management of patients will a minor illness and recognise limits of capability
- Interpret, analyse and evaluate information obtained during patient assessment and develop a working diagnosis
- Plan, implement and evaluate treatment required for patients with a minor illness utilising appropriate assessment tools
- Work effectively within the multi-disciplinary team to provide quality care for patients with a minor illness and refer as appropriate
- Operate autonomously within legal, ethical and professional boundaries
Looking to book Minor Ailments & Illnesses training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.