Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is designed for delegates who have involvement in assessing people’s nutritional state and use the Malnutrition Universal Screening Tool as a risk assessment to highlight their potential clinical needs. The MUST Tool is widely used across a number of health and social care settings, but like any other risk assessment tool can be subject to interpretation or error from the practitioner, this course will look at how to use MUST correctly along with any potential pitfalls that have been experienced in practice.
This half day course will contain group activities, tutor led discussions and completion of knowledge tests and will be summative assessed by on-going assessment methods.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define what is meant by the term malnutrition
- Identify what MUST is and who it should be used for
- List the steps of completing a MUST Screening
- Interpret information and calculate MUST Scores correctly
- Recognise where MUST Scores could be calculated wrongly and how to address this
- State what actions you would take for each category of risk and how you would implement a care plan based on your findings
- Justify what actions you would take when following up on care plans and when to liaise or involve other allied health professionals
Looking to book MUST Scoring training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.