Nurse Verification of Expected Death
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is aimed towards Registered Nurses who may have a responsibility to verify that death has taken place. The workshop will address key definitions, criteria for inclusion and exclusion of when to or when not to verify expected death. It will outline the steps required to verify death and the requirement for appropriate documentation. The course will also summarise the competency requirements to undertake this skill and how to evidence competency within the work place.
A knowledge assessment test will be undertaken as part of this course to allow learners to evidence their understanding of this extended role and appreciation of what is required of them as Registered Nurses. A competency document will also be issued enabling the participant to complete a formal competency within the workplace. A certificate of attendance will be awarded.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand some of the key background information of verification of death
- Define the term expected death
- Appreciate the differences between verification and certification
- Know the legal issues, documentation and record keeping requirements
- Discuss the correct procedure for detecting the absence of vital signs
- Recognise the needs of patients and carers in the management of expected death
Looking to book Nurse Verification of Expected Death training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.