Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will give learners the required knowledge and skills to perform oral suctioning on service users who require this as part of their care requirements. The course itself will cover essential knowledge around the legal and professional implications of carrying out this procedure, as well as providing the learners with a step-by-step guide on the procedure and when to refer onto other health and social care professionals for further help and guidance.
Learners will be assessed throughout the course on their participation and knowledge of the subject. They will also undertake a knowledge assessment at the end of the course to demonstrate their learning and allow them to evidence this as part of their CPD.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Define what is meant by the term oral suctioning?
- State when oral suctioning is indicated and the limitations of practice
- List the contraindications to oral suctioning
- Describe the potential adverse effects of suctioning
- Review the anatomy and physiology of the upper respiratory tract
- Discuss the checks required before undertaking this clinical procedure
- Explain the areas to monitor whilst performing oral suctioning
- Identify the procedure itself and the post-procedure requirements
- Describe the level of documentation required if oral suctioning has been performed
Looking to book Oral Suctioning training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.