PEG Feeding including Competencies
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is designed for delegates who directly involved in the care and support of individuals who receive enteral feeding through one of the PEG feeding tubes. This course covers the core principles of enteral feeding and tube care, as well as the procedures to use when delivering either a bolus feed or a continuous tube feeding through a Nutricia Flocare Infinity pump.
This full day course will contain group activities, tutor led discussions and completion of knowledge tests and will be summative assessed by on-going assessment methods. A summative assessment will be utilised as will a simulated practice
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Demonstrate an understanding of enteral feeding
- Understand the purpose of enteral feeding
- Recognise different types of enteral tubes
- Understand the Indications and contra indications of enteral feeding
- Understand the procedures for feeding and administering medications via enteral tubes
- Recognise complications and report them
- Know how to care for and maintain enteral feeding tubes
- Complete a simulated competency to enable ‘live’ supervised practices to be undertaken in the work place
Looking to book PEG Feeding including Competencies training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.