Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course will equip learners with the essential knowledge and skills that are necessary for identifying and responding appropriately to concerns about safeguarding children and young people. During the course learners will discuss and develop their application of knowledge to practical based scenarios.
Learners will complete a knowledge assessment at the end of their training course, allowing them to demonstrate their understanding and application of their understanding into practical based scenarios.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Understand and recognise what is meant by safeguarding children and the different ways children and recognise can be harmed and neglected
- Describe the first steps to take if they are concerned about a child
- Respond appropriately to a disclosure made a child
- Understand the necessity for information sharing and accurate recording and logging concerns
- State what to do if they experience barriers to referring a child/family
- Know the boundaries of personal competence and responsibilities and where to seek advice and support from a manager/designated person
- Recognise parental factors that might have an impact on how children are parented
Looking to book Safeguarding Children training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.