Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This session will cover the required knowledge and understanding of a high profile subject matter that is affecting the health and social care sector considerable. It will equip learners with the essential information and abilities to recognise Sepsis and act appropriately if it is suspected.
There is no formal assessment as part of this course, although learners will be expected to participate in a number of learning activities throughout the session, that will allow the tutor to assess their learning and understanding of the subject matter.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- To appreciate the history of infection control in relation to sepsis
- Identify the importance of good infection control procedures to minimise the risk of infections and other complications such as sepsis
- Discuss and understand the differences between; Septicaemia, Sepsis, Severe Sepsis and Septic Shock
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the inflammatory process in Sepsis
- Acquire knowledge of the Mnemonic SEPSIS
- Discuss and ensure understanding of the National Early Warning Score track and trigger tool
- Discuss and ensure understanding of qSOFA
- Discuss Sepsis Stories and develop a greater empathy for individuals with sepsis and sepsis survivors
- Review and correctly identify the actions required for the scenarios set
Looking to book Sepsis Awareness training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.