Stoma Care including Competencies
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This full day training session, will allow Healthcare Assistants and Registered Nurses to develop the required knowledge and skills to care and support for individuals who have a stoma. It will equip staff members to identify specific practices around Stoma Care under special circumstances as well as recognising when to seek further medical attention if there are any abnormalities. It will also provide the staff with a basic knowledge of the products that are available and how to use these effectively. Participants will also start work towards their competence in this area
There is a formal assessment for this course, and there
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Identify the different types of stoma
- List the reasons why stomas are formed and their normal function
- Recognise stoma abnormalities Discuss the importance of effective communication in stoma care, including cultural and religious considerations
- Describe the role of the stoma care nurse and the HCA or RN in caring for patients with a stoma
- Describe the care of the stoma patient in the immediate post-operative period
- Describe the support of a patient who may need to become independent with stoma care
- Demonstrate and understanding of the general dietary requirements for the 3 types of stoma
- Demonstrate an understanding of products used in stoma care
Looking to book Stoma Care including Competencies training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.