Tissue Viability – Pressure Relieving Equipment
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
This course is designed for delegates who are directly involved in the care, support, prevention and management of individuals at risk of pressure damage, using pressure relieving equipment. The course will cover the risks of pressure relieving equipment as well as the care of such equipment. It will also examine correct usage of the equipment and the cleansing of equipment which is important in the fight against infection.
There will be a knowledge assessment as part of this course, and learners will be expected to participate in a number of learning activities throughout the session, that will allow the tutor to assess their learning and understanding of the subject matter.
Number of Delegates: 15
Duration: Half Day
CPD Hours: 3
Participatory Hours: 3
- Recognise the use of a risk assessment tool as part of decision making to determine which pressure relieving mattress or cushion is appropriate for individual needs
- Understand the mechanism of the pressure relieving mattress, pump and cushions in relieving pressure
- Recognise the importance of and need for correct positioning/ re-positioning
- Understand how to clean and maintain the pressure relieving equipment in order to protect the individual from cross infection
- Identify the safe care of individuals being nursed on pressure relieving equipment to enhance their skills
- Understand the importance of documentation and re-positioning of each individual
Looking to book Tissue Viability – Pressure Relieving Equipment training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.