Tissue Viability – Wound Healing & Primary Intention: Assisting in Tissue Repair
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
The management of open wounds is one of the most common skills required by healthcare staff. This study day gives delegates the opportunity to gain an understanding of the theoretical and practical aspects of wound closure, specifically in relation to traumatic wounds. The day will focus on key professional issues, traumatic wound assessment and management, and examine choices made regarding wound closure, including suturing and gluing.
A simulated competency assessment will take place at the end of the session, supervised by our Tutor allowing delegates to return to the workplace and put to practice what they have learnt, until deemed competent within their organisations guidelines and protocols. A Certificate of Attendance will also be issued, valid for 3 years.
Number of Delegates: 12
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Develop awareness of the wound healing process and influential factors
- Develop knowledge of basic wound assessment techniques
- Critically analyse management pathways for acute wounds
- Describe the role of sutures in wound closure
- Develop skills required to identify wounds which are appropriate for closure ‘in the field’ and which are not
- Understand and identify wounds requiring specialist treatment
- Evaluate the appropriate selection of sutures, needles and equipment
- Identify safety issues and minimise harm
- Begin to develop the skills required to correctly prepare and suture simple cuts using simulated and supervised practice
- Develop awareness of alternative wound closure techniques utilising glue
- Explain medico-legal issues relating to the management of wounds.
Looking to book Tissue Viability – Wound Healing & Primary Intention: Assisting in Tissue Repair training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.