Tissue Viability – Wound Management in General Practice
Looking to make a commercial booking? Want to speak to one of our clinical training experts?
Call Ashfield Services today – 0800 012 6085
What’s covered on the day?
Delegates will achieve a better understanding of the factors that affect wound healing in general practice. They will revisit the anatomy and physiology of the skin and will have a greater understanding of wound healing physiology including factors that may prevent the healing environment.
Delegates will achieve a greater understanding of wound management to include, exudate management, debridement & wound care products. (delegates are advised to adhere to the local wound formulary, if there is one in place) and our tutors will explain generically what each category of dressing does and when it should or should not be used.
Legal aspects of wound management will be discussed including, wound assessment, wound bed preparation and documentation. The training course should enable the delegate to manage the majority of acute surgical and traumatic wounds competently in order to promote healing rates.
Delegates will be assessed continuously throughout the session by the Tutor in order to be issued with a Certificate of Attendance
Number of Delegates: 20
Duration: Full Day
CPD Hours: 7
Participatory Hours: 5
- Understand anatomy & physiology of skin, it’s structure & requirements to be healthy
- Identify & understand the different methods of wound closure, their phases & factors that can affect successful wound healing
- Discuss & recognise the importance of effective assessment & documentation of wounds & wound care
- Recognise the different types of wound & their classifications found in general practice
- Recognise and achieve the ideal wound healing environment & wound bed preparation
- Develop knowledge & understanding of dressing products & make suitable selection for wounds
- Recognise the importance of legal aspects in relation to wound management
Looking to book Tissue Viability – Wound Management in General Practice training?
We can deliver this course anywhere in the UK onsite or at a location of your choice.
To help us give you a tailored experience for this course, tell us who you’re making this enquiry for.